Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Professional news and not quite so

The title of this post is very typical of me, actually.

Hadn't seen mention of it, so I'll do it here: the MDM Team Blog is now open for business. Link here: http://blogs.technet.com/scmdm/archive/2008/06/16/welcome-to-the-system-center-mobile-device-manager-product-team-blog.aspx

Dieter's team are just wonderful and he's a great guy. They're already participating en masse in the technet forum, and I have no doubt that you'll glean some useful gems from this link also.

On the not-quite-so-professional front, here's a pretty picture:



The 17th, and signature, hole at Summerbrooke Golf Club in Tallahassee, FL. Right around the corner from where I live. Actually, it's not even 300 yds away from my front door, and I've driven by it on an almost daily basis for the past 5 yrs, but have only played the course a dozen or so times.

I aced it today.

The sweetest 7-iron you could ever hope to hit. One bounce, and it was in the hole.

I know that's the object of the exercise, but actually doing it (after a gazillion mis-starts) makes the actuality of it all come as quite a shock. A nice shock, but a shock all the same.

It's not a joke when I say it took 40 years for it to happen for me. I don't play anything like as often as I'd like to, and my dad introduced me to the game when I was about 4 yrs old.

And for the cheapskates out there, Weds at 3pm is a tremendous time to get a hole-in-one. There will be nobody in the bar.

If you want to share the joy, however, plan on coming back later (as I did ).

1 comment:

DTD said...

That is AWESOME! I would have enjoyed seeing that.